Friday, May 8, 2009

Crafty Thursday... Errr Friday

I was supposed to post this yesterday, but as you can see that didn't happen. So I will post this today. :)

My goal for this weeks craft was to make a sewing machine cover using some material I was given eons ago that I completely forgot I had until digging for something else. I should really organize my craft supplies so I can get a better sense of what I 'do' have, ah well that's for another day.

I realize now that that I should of looked for a pattern before starting this project as it has been a long time since I've done anything like this. My thoughts were, "How hard can this be?"

How hard? Well sewing it wasn't that hard, I have retained the ability to use the machine, it was the measuring correctly and piecing together appropriately that bit me in the behind. I thought I'd measured my machine correctly but after cutting the material I realized it wasn't wide enough so I then had to make side panels which then needed to be sewn on. I had no clue as to how to accomplish this.

To make a long, sad crafting story short. I just winged it and the cover came out, well, I'm being brave showing it here. lol

C

No comments: