Friday, January 23, 2009

Messenger Bag Finished!

Back with the final pictures of the making of the Messenger Bag. In all honesty this project wasn't that hard for a beginner like me. It actually turned out kind of cute and I may just work on another. It's on the small side but I'm sure I can tweak it a bit and make it bigger, maybe? :)


The bag and handle are both finished and just waiting patiently to be attached. The next photos show the 'attaching':

~I used a blanket stitch to attach the handle to the bag~

~Bag after both handles sewn on, still inside out~

At this point I was kinda freaked out because the opening was sooo small!! I played around with it and found that my hand fits, and that it's stretchy enough to fit a small wallet and other items that are just a bit bigger then my hand, which btw is big. :)

~Bag when turned right side out~

~Crocheting on the flap~

~Finished Messenger Bag~

My one embellishment was to sew in some strips from an old scarf I had in my scrap basket. I'm debating on whether or not I want to sew on a button so that the flap can be secured or not, she doesn't attach one in the video tut. My final step in this process is to figure out who to gift it to.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday and if you're at all interested check out this tutorial and make one of these bags for yourself, it's not that hard, hey I did it... lol

Hope everyone's Friday is a good one. :)

No comments: