Monday, February 16, 2009

Best Ever Banana Bread...

...or so the name of this recipe tells me.

I had, on top of my fridge, 8 very ripe organic bananas and it was time to do something with them since no one was eating them and we all know that if you buy organic you're spending more money and money just isn't growing that well in our house these days. I decided I'd try this recipe I found at All Recipes. This recipe was chosen over all the other recipes for banana bread out there because of its Best of the Best claim and that reminded me of a line from MIB. My mind processes things in wonderfully odd ways. :) So here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/3 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup mashed bananas
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray one 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray coating.
  2. Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and bananas.
  3. Sift together the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir in pecans. Mix well.
  4. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
I did tweak this recipe a wee bit. I substituted a 1/2 cup of all purpose flour for wheat flour and I added 1 tsp of vanilla extract and 1 tsp of cinnamon. I made this recipe twice, once w/o the pecans and once w/ them. My husband is allergic to nuts and I wanted him to be able to try the Best of the Best Banana Bread, too.

Also,

As promised here's a couple of my crocheting projects:

First is a purse that I am making for my daughter Hope's friend Ash. I have it completed but am working on figuring out how to attach the liner, I made, to the bag. I need to remember where I saw a tutorial for this. It was on one of the blogs I follow but I can't remember for the life of me which. If anyone knows how you go about doing this I'd love to know and thanks in advance!

Next is this doll thingy. She's quite the disaster in my honest opinion. I need to definitely do a bit more practicing.. lol My husband calls her creepy and I have to agree, a friend of mine suggested that maybe I could go into business selling crocheted voodoo dolls. :blinks: The one thing I do really enjoy about her is her hair! I will definitely keep doing the hair the same way but am going to have to re-work everything else.

Hope you all are having a wonderful Presidents Day. :)

No comments: