Thursday, February 5, 2009

What I've been up to..

Hi :) Haven't updated this in a few days so I'm back to share some of what I've been doing.

My friends daughter is having her first baby so I decided to make her an baby afghan. I'm using a pattern I found on Attic24's blog, Hexagon How-To. Her crocheting is so incredible and I wanted to try my hand at these. It's been a fun process, a lot of pulling out stitches and starting over in my attempt to figure these out and so far I am pleased with the process.

My daughter Hope and her friend Ash are Seniors in HS this year and they were part of a School Spirit competition with another local HS a few days ago. Their role was that of Fairy Cheerleaders and to help them prepare I put curlers in their hair the night before. You can see they were thrilled at the idea.

Finally the Frog pieces. I really, really LOVE Rowan Sock's crocheted critter tutorials and after finishing the Piggies I decided to try my hand at her adorable Frog Pincushion. I do have his little legs done but am having a little trouble figuring out how to do the pads on his toes.

I've been doing quite a bit of baking, too. A friend shared a website called Budget101 with me recently and since the Hubby and I decided to try our hand at relying less on the packaged store items and more on what we can make ourselves this site has been a fun adventure. I believe today I am going to work on making my own mayonnaise.

Till next time. I hope everyone's Thursday is fun!

No comments: