Sunday, March 8, 2009

Carpet, paint, crochet and digi... Busy, busy, busy!

Today is day 2 of our living room renovation. What started as just replacing the flooring has now turned into painting the trim and walls, too.

I figure with Bill's work schedule and both our physical limitations that we'll have this done in a month. :) We chose the colors we were going to use in this space 5 years ago and never got around to painting it and after removing the carpeting yesterday it dawned on us that if we were ever going to paint that now would be the best time to do it. With the ugly torn up laminate, from who knows when, exposed we could paint and not have to worry about drips and dribbles landing on it as we're going to be covering it with the pretty wood flooring we just bought. So after we were done yesterday we went to the store and got the paint.

So yesterday was spent removing the carpet and padding from half of the the living room. I can only say ew!! I could not believe how much dirt was under the padding??? Yuck! I will never live in a house with carpeting again after seeing how much dirt can work its way through the padding and settle there; even with constant vacuuming.

In between all this fun renovating I'm crocheting, crocheting and crocheting and, also, working on digital layouts using the wonderful spring kits my designers are coming out with. The above picture is the bag I'm making using Attic24's Crochet Bag tutorial. I ADORE how this bag is turning out, it's HUGE!!

Laurie (Heaven's Gate Designs) is a guest designer over at Shabby Pickle Designs this month and the above photo is her debut kit. It's such a fun kit to create with!! I made this page using it:

The photo is of my little nephew Jakob and my daughter Meghi. The were taking a walk the last time he visited us and I couldn't resist taking a photo.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

:)



No comments: