Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Finger Knitting?


Who knew?? Obviously not me! I was checking out a new blog, new to me that is, when I saw on the side bar a photo with the caption: Finger Knitting. My curiosity took over because as much as I'd LOVE to learn how to knit I'm completely intimidated by the knitting needles, this process doesn't involve the needles so I figured it would be perfect for me. I clicked on the link and found this awesome tutorial on Finger Knitting.

I just had to try it so I dug out some of this frilly yarn I had bought a few years ago to use on a paper scrapping page that I never did do and gave it a try. The tutorial on her site rocks! I was able to teach myself how to do it within minutes and finished the scarf I made in about a half hour. It wasn't that big of a skein of yarn so it went fast.

I'm going to go upstairs in a few and dig out some more yarn, some normal yarn, the frilly stuff is pretty but it's a bit more difficult to work with when you've got a gagillion strands going this way and that.

Me~

No comments: